Our lot

Our lot

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Breaking ground!!! Today's the day!!!

We officially broke ground today.  I took the kids out to the site around 11:30 and I was surprised at how much was already done.  There was a flattened area that would be our driveway/garage and huge deep hole that will soon be our house.  We were able to watch the digging for a few minutes and then they stopped and yelled out asking if the boys wanted to sit in the huge excavater!  Of course the boys did!  They were so excited and the workers let them move all the levers and gears around and told them what they did.  Connor even got to sit in the scoop!  I was really impressed with everything that had been done already today and how nice and friendly the workers were.  They let the kids play as much as they wanted and let me take lots of pictures.  The boys sure won't forget today!

Click to enlarge pictures.














6 comments:

  1. That is too exciting for words!!! How awesome for the boys, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting experience for the boys! Definitely something they won't soon forget!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today's experience will be in the boys talks for several days/years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that ranks up there on the awesome list when your a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! When they were breaking ground for us, I stood at the curb hoping they would stop and let me have a look. Our house sits back from the road so I couldn't get anywhere near it. No such luck, I had to go back the next day after working hours to check it out. By then they had already poured our basement walls. I never got to see just the hole! Can't be upset about progress though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stinks you weren't able to get close! But I bet it will be awesome to have a house far from the road! Our house is really close because our street doesn't have side-walks but we have a good sized backyard.

      Delete