First an update from our PM: The framing was finished yesterday! And roof will be shingled and finished today! They also are planning on starting the plumbing today and finishing that and the HVAC system early next week. He said if all goes well we will be pouring the basement floor middle of next week:)
Now for our rate lock news! We had been waiting for today: Our PM estimates us to close on Aug7 so giving an additional week for weather delays or problems we could do a 60day rate lock now. I had waited all morning to hear the rate (since Dan is out of town on business) and was supposed to text him when I heard. Normally we hear between 10:45-11:45 but of course the day we are waiting we don't get the rate until 1:00. It was 3.5 and .75% off of closing. Not the best rate we've heard but probably 3rd best and still a lot better than the 3.75 we were quoted originally. We figured that even if we'd get a tad lower it wouldn't make a huge difference. We'd rather have this rate and be excited it's lower than originally thought than wait and end up having rates increase.
So Dan called NVR and said we were interested in locking it in but asked them to run his credit again first (Glad he thought of that!) since rates are decided a lot off of credit score. Well just in the past month his score has increased quite a bit and they offered us an even better rate!!! We locked in at 3.375% and .75% off closing!!!!!!! We are so excited and thanking God that he has blessed us once again!